Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences create a unique environment for multidisciplinary, inspirational and high-impact research and education. Our universities community has its competitive edges in technology, health and society. www.tuni.fi/en
- Tampere Immunoexcellence (TIE) is a multidisciplinary research platform to strengthen vaccine research at Tampere University.
- TIE fellows will conduct research related to vaccines in a suitable field, such as immunology, clinical medicine, public health or, related field.
- The positions aim to support career development of early-stage researchers.
- Successful applicants should have a link to ongoing research in the MET or SOC Faculties at Tampere University.
- However, we also encourage submission of independent project proposals in vaccine-related research.
- The candidate will contribute to strengthening of vaccine-related research for the Faculties, including expanding the network of collaborators.
- The incumbent will also take a role in mentoring predoctoral fellows.
- The successful candidates will have a doctoral degree in an appropriate field, a proven track-record of research in a field related to vaccines, such as immunology, clinical medicine, public health or related field. A record of research linked directly to vaccines is required.
- International experience is considered a strong merit and the candidate is expected to submit a feasible mobility plan with the application.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- A brief statement outlining research interests and a letter of support from a research group leader at Tampere University is required for the application to be considered.
The position is fulltime and will be filled for a fixed-term period up to 3 years. The appointment is expected to start on June 2019 or as mutually agreed.Trial period of six (6) months applies to all new employees.
The salary will be based on both the job demands and the employee’s personal performance in accordance with the University Salary System. According to the criteria applied to teaching and research staff, the position of a Postdoctoral Researcher is placed on the job demands levels 5-6.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, such as occupational health care, flexible working hours, excellent sports facilities on campus and several restaurants and cafés on campus with staff discounts. Please read more about working at Tampere University.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application through our online recruitment system. The closing date for applications is May 19, 2019 (at 23.59 EEST / 20.59 UTC).
The following documents should accompany your application:
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- A curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Research plan including mobility plan (max. 6 pages)
- Letter of recommendation from a research group leader at Tampere University
All the material should be submitted in English.
For more information, please contact:
Associate Professor Vesa Hytönen, email@example.com (position)
HR Partner Päivi Peltonen, firstname.lastname@example.org (process)