ITMO University’s SCAMT Laboratory (Solution Chemistry of Advanced Materials and Technologies) is a leading laboratory in the field of material science and biology. The laboratory collaborates with research groups in the Netherlands, the USA, Canada, Israel, Portugal, Sweden, and Germany. Though the SCAMT laboratory’s main areas of focus are nanomaterials science and inorganic and physical chemistry for fundamental and applied research, its new branch centers on biomedicals as a new and promising scientific field. SCAMT has launched a cutting-edge facility for molecular and cellular oncobiology research where undergraduate and graduate students carry out scientific projects under the guidance of experienced group leaders. Each group member conducts an individual project on the following topics:
- Signal transduction pathways as targets for anticancer drug design
- Nanomaterials for cancer theranostics
We are looking for an energetic and focused person who is ready to work efficiently in order to achieve world-class results.
- A recent PhD degree in biology or experimental medicine;
- At least three Scopus/Web of Science publications since 2016;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Experience in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology;
- Basic knowledge of oncology (molecular and medical aspects);
- Fluent English: strong writing and oral presentations skills.
- analytical work on automated platforms;
- data analysis;
- development of new analysis methods;
- analysis of scientific literature;
- ordering materials and reagents for the lab;
- preparation of reporting documents;
- academic guidance of undergraduates and graduate students;
- research work on the following areas:
– Signal transduction pathways as targets for anticancer drug design
– Nanomaterials for cancer theranostics
The candidate is expected to contribute to the research conducted at SCAMT through active cooperation with colleagues, writing and publishing articles, and sharing their experience with students.
- At least two publications with ITMO affiliation in Scopus/Web of Science per year;
- Cumulative SJR of the publications with ITMO affiliation: no less than two;
- At least three open lectures and/or seminars for students.
- Free access to the lab’s high-tech facilities;
- Opportunity for professional growth;
- Working in St. Petersburg’s historical center;
- Young team of researchers.
Contract period: 1 to 3 years
For more information please contact:
Ms Polina Khapaeva
cell: +7 (950) 0 139 739 (Telegram)