Researchers and students at the University of Graz are shaping tomorrow’s world. We are addressing a broad spectrum of specialist issues and responding strategically to diverse social challenges. The University of Graz is also a place where achievement is rewarded, careers are planned, and social diversity is promoted – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Department of Accounting and Reporting is looking for an
University Assistant without doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 4 years; position to be filled as of August 16th 2019 )
- Writing of a relevant dissertation
- Collaboration on research projects
- Participation in teaching tasks and providing assistance to students
- Organisational and administrative tasks
- Independent research
- Applicants should have a very good PhD in Economics and Social Sciences with a focus on accounting or be about to complete their PhD studies, preferably within the standard period of study
- A particular interest in and great commitment to activities in teaching and research
- Ability to acquire specific expertise within a short period of time
- Experience with analytical models and game theory (desirable)
- Skills in LaTeX (desirable)
- Excellent command of German and English
- Analytical understanding
- Communication and organisational skills and ability to work in teams
- Commitment and flexibility
- Independent and self-responsible way of working
- Polite and confident demeanour
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2864.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: April 24th 2019
Reference Number: MB/74/99 ex 2018/19
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to: