Under the Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) (http://atmri.ntu.edu.sg/), Nanyang Technological University, you will be part of a team of researchers to perform simulation modelling in establishing the parameters for Traffic management of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in an urban environment.
Primary Duties or Responsibilities
Specifically, you will
- Conduct research and analysis related to safety and risk assessment of UAS operations using simulation and modelling tools;
- Develop different safety and risk assessment models using the simulation and modelling tools;
- Develop various strategies to mitigate the risk of UAS operations based on different possible operational scenarios, and
- Liaise with stake holders to solicit feedbacks and requirements.
- Master Degree in related field (required)
- A few years of relevant experiences could be a great asset
- Strong programming skills in Matlab or C++
- Experience in various safety and risk assessment methodologies such as hazard and operability study (HAZOP)/ failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)/ fault tree analysis (FTA) (required)
- Good English writing and communication skills (required)
- Independent and team player (required)
- Experience in UAS operation or air traffic management background (preferred)
Please send your full CV (including education background, research and work experience and list of publications and highlighting previous relevant experience) to Prof Low Kin Huat (MKHLOW@ntu.edu.sg).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.